Primary Function of Role
The Claims Specialist plays a crucial role in the management and resolution of various insurance claims, including general liability, property, physical damage, and workers’ compensation claims. This position involves the setup, coordination, and oversight of the claims process, either internally or by collaborating with third-party entities. The Claims Specialist ensures adherence to corporate, customer, and governmental guidelines while striving for efficient and fair claim resolutions.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgement to conduct thorough investigations into reported claims, gathering evidence, interviewing relevant parties, and collaborating with experts when necessary to determine the validity of claims
- Maintain consistent and transparent communication with employees, claimants, internal stakeholders, and third-party entities to keep all parties informed of claim status, developments, and resolution timelines
- Track incidents, costs, and OSHA data utilizing Excel and Origami. Utilize the data to create and distribute reports, including reports for Safety Meetings
- Maintain month-end reporting in AEP, BROWZ, Quanta, ISNetworld, and any other needed systems. Ensure that information on those systems is updated as needed including safety questionnaires, Certificates of Insurance, OSHA 300A forms, etc
- Process invoices for the Safety department, ensuring that all job-related incident costs are submitted and coded to the correct job number
- Prepare for and attend audits, including Quanta audits
- Attend customer pre-qualification meetings as need. Complete the Safety portion of pre-qualification questionnaires
- Assist with crew training requirements including setting up online accounts
- Attend industry-related training programs to stay current on legal developments to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to research, collect, and analyze data to prepare reports
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Advanced skills in Windows-based office software
- Experience in Origami or similar claims management systems is a plus
- Experience with OSHA is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- 2 years processing general liability, property, physical damage, and/or workers compensation claims.
- Strong understanding of insurance policies, coverage, and claim processing procedures.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) (with matching)
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
- $50,000 – $60,000
- Chattanooga, TN
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, working conditions, physical demands, and activities may change or new ones many be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Service Electric Company provides Equal Employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.