Primary Function of Role:
Relay and Control testing in Utility and Industrial settings. Install, maintain, repair and testing on all types of protective relaying. Read, understand, mark up, and correct customer drawings, diagrams, and blueprints. Perform operational tests for transformer protection systems and generator controls. Relay and function testing, trip path verification to lockout. Place equipment in the proper functioning condition.
Principal Responsibilities and Activities:
1. Testing of metering, remote controls, data system, relays, and trip circuits
2. Cross-check control and protective circuit diagrams to ensure the system meets industry/utility standards.
3. Perform function testing of all devices to ensure all equipment is operating properly
4. Examine and evaluate control circuits, control equipment, voltage regulators, batteries, and other related equipment.
5. Understand and interpret diagrams and, schematics, and blueprints
6. Perform various field repairs and inspections
7. Manage and maintain test equipment
8. Field training of other technicians