The Safety Coordinator coordinates safety for Service Electric Company’s projects: Assists in conducting safety inspections and audits; assists in monitoring job safety progress at job sites; facilitates the enforcement in the requirements of Service Electric Company’s Construction Safety Manual, Health and Safety Plan, and Contract Safety Specifications; Also works with supervisors and employees to help create and maintain a safe environment on job sites and employer property to help keep employees safe; assists with safety and security certification documentation and generates reports regarding project safety.
The position requires extensive travel throughout the state of Virginia.
- Participates in routine job site visits
- Conducts safety assessment on crews during routine job site visits
- Monitors safety regulations for recommendations in changes and revisions of Construction Safety Manual, contract specifications and other documents to assure compliance.
- Facilitates in developing and conducting safety training programs for SEC personnel, including OSHA-related safety requirements
- Facilitates new employee orientation training.
- Assists accident/incident investigations and prepares written reports for Safety Manager.
- Supports any and all field personnel in their job functions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 4-5 years of electrical construction/maintenance experience.
- Experience with OSHA rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of health and safety plans.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of SEC, working effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Good judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Must be able to listen to the concerns of employees and be supportive in all aspects of safety.
- Demonstrates leadership to employees so that they may follow company safety expectations.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision Insurance (100% Company Paid)
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance (Company Paid)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid holidays per year
- Vacation/Paid Time Off
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, working conditions, physical demands, and activities may change or new ones many be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Service Electric Company provides Equal Employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.